Require help ... need to start somewhere...

Hi,

I have worked on linux to an extent ... though I have not much
experience with coding ... I new to the area of programming ... I need
info as to where I can start ... I,am theoretically familiar with
concepts like data structures, Networking ... but I,am not creative
enough to do some coding... I need help as to how do I start ? (I just
happened to install hurd and haven't done much on it...) I want to do
some sort of coding... I need pointers  to some small, but good projects

that will get me started.

Though this mail is not an appropriate one on this list ... I suppose
expert help from the YOU will help me.
Thanks in advance...

Siva.
--
"Everyone wants to see justice done, to somebody else."

----Anonymous