Re: X with Protocol != "osmouse" anyone?

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 06:44:45PM +0000, David Coquil wrote:

> 1) I assumed that all patches mentionned on Uchiyama Yasuchi's page were now
> included in recent hurd/gnumach packages, am I right ? I think that the Hurd
> patch is there, but what about the Gnumach patch ?

There are no patches required whatsoever. The Debian GNU/Hurd packages come
all inclusive :) (For people working from CVS, they need kbd and mouse
translator, nothing else).

> 2) Is the command he gives to setup the translator still valid ? It seemed
> ok to me, but I'm not exactly an expert on these matters...

Yes, it is. You also need to have the latest gnumach (it fixes a comX
problem).

> I've tried to play with the com0 translator using various combinations of
> settrans and showtrans, it seems to start correctly.
>
> OTOH if I trap the startx output (startx > out 2>&1), I see this :
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot open mouse ((os/device) no such device)

Show us your settings (the translator setting on /dev/com0 and /dev/mouse,
the X configuration snippet for the pointer and the gnumach version).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de