Re: [parisc-linux] -pie is broken on hppa

> seb$ gcc -pie -fpie hello.c -o hello
> seb$ ./hello
> Segmentation fault

Run hello under gdb.  Do a backtrace and disassembly at the point
of the fault.

> It's not the unexpected reloc type 0x42 ?
> If yes, it's a different problem.

That's the one I was thinking of.  It looks like this is a problem
related to PIE (PIC) support and TLS.  Possibly, this is the TLS PIC
bug that Aurelien fixed on May 5.  I backported that change to the
GCC 4.1 and 4.2 branches last night.  Have no idea as to the status
of this patch in debian, etc.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)