Etch install fails on HP 9000 715 and 755

All,

I am trying to install Etch on two HP 9000 series workstations. One is a 715/50 with 64 MB of RAM, and the other is a 755/99 with 192 MB of RAM. When using the tty0 console (monitor and HIL keyboard and mouse), the keyboard loses functionality after booting to the CD. I get to the "Choose Language" screen of the debian-installer and cannot proceed. Even adding BOOT_DEBUG=3, the keyboard does not work in the "just booted" shell. I also attempted installing through the serial console, but it hangs while attempting to detect the CD ROM. I have tried Etch RC1 and a weekly build I downloaded on February 22.

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/hppa/iso-cd

Both result in the same problems. Any suggestions on how to get the graphical installer to work?

Thanks,
Trey