Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

Hi Grant,

Grant Grundler wrote:
[...]
Your choice. two 18GB partions should work fine too.
My preference would be to try the "etch" netinst CD but I don't
have a clue if that works better or not for C200.

Ok, let's try etch... ;)

Please let me know because at home I have no fast internet connection and if I'd try the sarge option I'll download at office the installation CD and the packages DVD.

Ok, my c200 has a cdrom but no dvd-rom and no internet broadband connection, so for sarge I've copied the two DVD-ROM to my laptop and published by http, and apt works. For etch I've seen that cdrom images are aivailable but noy dvd-rom images, I don't want burn 14 cdrom ;) so how can I download the installation archives to my laptop?

Thank You! :)

welcome - and thanks for your patience and tenacity.

Where there is the will there is the way! ;)
I want to install debian to my C200 and I want to start using it!!! :)
If I can help you with debugs or compilation or else let me know.

Thanks again! :)

Ciao.

	Fabio.