Re: 712/60 LAN not working after kernel update to 2.6

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 14:43 -0400, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 12:20:23PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > If so, then we would need a "parisc" hotplug script to load the
> > devices related to parisc devices like LASI apricot or HSC SCSI.
> >

> discover1 will, and is 'recommended' or 'suggested' I don't remember.
> This is *by design* as you can simply edit /etc/modules to force them
> if you don't want the boot time overhead.

I completely agree.
But in this case the discover didn't help.
And in case of hppa, this can be annoying because you don't alway know
which hardware there is in the box.
If you have a normal pc (x86) , most of the times you know: Ok the is an
XX video card, an XX network card,etc.
But if you have a PA-RISC, you don't always know this. We have about 50+
PA-RISC machines, running HP-UX OS on it. But don't ask me which type of
network card,etc there is in the box. (not a lot of pa-risc users wil
know that)

(maybe again 'Yet another case of pebkac')

Bart