Re: Warning: unable to open an initial console. During install.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 02:49:44PM +0400, Alexander Egorushkin wrote:
> RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 8388608
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> ram0: rw=0, want=26816, limit=16384
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> ram0: rw=0, want=26816, limit=16384
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.

The ramdisk size allocated is too small. Pass ramdisk_size=32768 and you
should be ok, let me know if there are other problems.

[debian-boot: Is it possible to get this fixed for 3.1r1? I notice there
 are a lot of drivers in the initrd that are entirely unlikely to be used
 or work for the install. We need to either bump the ramdisk_size in the
 kernel CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE, or drop some drivers from the install
 media. For the sake of low memory systems, I'd suggest the latter, I can
 help coordinate picking which drivers go in.]

Regards,
--
Kyle McMartin