Novice trying to install on B2600 - using sarge-hppa RC3 - insight would be appreciated

Hi,

Following the advice of my previous post.
Downloaded the  sarge-hppa iso's  should be RC3!
>From http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/cd-images/debian-weekly/hppa/

I get the same output using  0/vmlinux32  or 0/vmlinux64

Path Number    Device Path    Device Type
PO             IDE            FX4830T

Main Menu: Enter command > boot P0
Interact with IPL (Y, N, Q)?> y

Booting
Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 0

Hard Booted.
Palo ipl 1.5 root@c3k

Boot Image contains :
  0/vmlinux32
  0/vmlinux64
  0/ramdisk

Information: No console specified on kernel command line.  This is
normal.
PALO will choose the console currently used by firmware (graphics).
Current command line:
'0/vmlinux ramdisk_size=8192 root=/dev/ram initrd=0/ramdisk'
console=tty0 sti=10
/1/3/0 sti_font=VGA8x16 TERM=linux
0: '0/vmlinux
1: ramdisk_size=8192
2: root=/dev/ram
3: initrd=0/ramdisk'
4: console=tty0
5: sti=10/1/3/0
6: sti_font=VGA8x16
7: TERM=linux

<#>  edit the numbrered field
'b' boot with this command line
'r' restore command line
'l' list dir
?b

Screen full of stuff ends with the following.

RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768)  8388608
Freeing unused kernel memory: 316k freed
attempt to access beyond end of device
ram0: rw=0, want=26816, limit=16384
attempt to access beyond end of device
ram0: rw=0, want=26816, limit=16384
Warning: unable to  open an initial console.
attempt to access beyond end of device
ram0: rw=0, want=26816, limit=16384
EXT2-fs error (device ram0): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode block
- inode=1813,

block=14263
attempt to access beyond end of device
ram0: rw=0, want=26816, limit=16384
EXT2-fs error (device ram0): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode block
- inode=1933,

block=14278
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

Suggestions, hints or pointers  greatly appreciated.

Thanks

W.