Re: Build problems on hppa

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:52:26PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Me:
>
> > or should I just add in a "Build-Depends: gcc (<< 3.0)" in the
> > control file?
>
> Hmm, seems they removed some extensions to the iostreams that I was
> using heavily in the code in the g++ 3.0 libraries. Seems like
> Build-Depends for a lower versions of g++ is the only way to go :-(

don't be silly.  those iostream extensions aren't coming back, and within
a couple of years, debian won't be shipping a gcc < 3.0.  this is your
advance warning to port it to standard iostreams before your package
gets dropped for violating a future Policy that states all packages must
build with gcc 3.0 or later.