Production Debian as HPC OS - seeking knowledge exchange

Hi there,

I’m spamming y’all to see if there is anyone on this list running Debian as the OS for an in-production academic HPC cluster. I’m part of a group that some of you might be well aware of, the CaRCC people network, that puts together monthly talks and discussions that take place monthly. Given the recent happenings, we’re looking to secure this topic for our September Systems-facing call, and I’m curious if there is anyone on this list who is in this position and would be comfortable speaking to it. We’d be looking for an overview of the cluster setup, configuration, and operational tasks.

Thank you in advance!

-M

--

Matthew Smith  (He, Him, His)
Manager, Research Systems

Vice President Research & Innovation | Advanced Research Computing
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus | Musqueam Traditional Territory
Phone 604 827 5138 | Cell 604 671 9470
matthew.smith@ubc.ca

http://www.arc.ubc.ca