Re: haskell-publicsuffixlist_0.0.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

[Apologies for my ineptitude on the last email.]

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:00:15AM +0000, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Network/PublicSuffixList/DataStructure.hs is generated by Create.hs, but no
> Create.hs is included in the source tarball.

Good catch.  Create.hs is in the haskell-publicsuffixlistcreate package,
which itself depends on haskell-publicsuffixlist.  It does so by fetching
the publicsuffix list from Mozilla, which obviously won't work for us.

> Will packages using this Haskell module need to be recompiled whenever the list
> changes? How would this package be updated in stable?

Here are some ideas:

* We package a patched version of haskell-publicsuffixlistcreate
  that can generate a haskell-publicsuffixlist package from
  /usr/share/publicsuffix/effective_tld_names.dat .  The publicsuffix
  source package is modified to build-depend on
  libghc-publicsuffixlistcreate-dev and will produce a
  libghc-publicsuffixlist-dev package itself.  The stable update
  process would be tied completely to the publicsuffix source package
  followed by binNMUs of all the reverse dependencies.

* Same as the previous except done in a shim package outside the
  publicsuffix source package.

* We do something where Myles modifies haskell-publicsuffixlist to
  operate on an external binary cache, which we generate in cooperation
  with the publicsuffix package.

* We patch http-conduit to do something else which doesn't require the
  haskell-publicsuffixlist.

> And another minor error: d/copyright uses BSD-3-clause, but includes the
> (correct) 2-clause BSD license.

Agreed.

----- End forwarded message -----