Re: Cabal-dev

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 03:58:50PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> cabal-dev is not the typical package as it is a program, and not a
> library. Plus it does not work with Cabal as shipped with GHC 7.6, so
> you’d first have to nag upstream to fix that. Then it is definitely a
> useful tool.

But it is built with cabal etc, so from that PoV is the process not similar?
As for the 7.6 issue, yeah, I had to build from their git version.  They need
the newer cabal-dev testing on other platforms first according to
https://github.com/creswick/cabal-dev/issues/74 which is a bit of a pain for us
I guess.

> Reading what’s on http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell (and subpages) is a
> must, and reading through what tools are available on
> http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/tools/ might also be
> enlightening. Besides that, feel free to ask on this list.

Thanks for these pointers.  I guess I should learn darcs too :-)

> If you are looking for packages to package: With OpenGL upgraded it
> should be possible to package gloss; that would be nice to have in
> Debian. There is also http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/PackageTODO for
> ideas.

Mmm, I will eventually be packaging Myrosinase which is a tool I'm writing in
Haskell (which produces a library *and* the cmdline tool) so I guess I could
use some smaller tool-only or lib-only options to help me to learn it all.

Looks like I have an evening or two of reading ahead of me first.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69