Re: Newer libraries needed for new Pandoc

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.02.2013, 13:44 +0100 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> Quoting Clint Adams (2013-02-13 05:44:26)
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 01:15:03AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > > -doc package build-dependencies seemingly missed in earlier releases
> > > by Clint, and changes to install locations for template files).
> >
> > I apologize.
>
> Turned out to be relatively few actual changes needed, it was just hard
> to resolve which they were, due to those past slips ( GHC *-doc packages
> being difficult to maintain in general).
>
> I really appreciate your interest in Pandoc, just find it frustrating
> that it feels like you do not check for changes to pandoc.cabal file
> when upgrading to a new upstream release.  Please don't feel discouraged
> from engaging - but perhaps nudge me to have a fresh look before
> releasing a prepared upgrade next time.

such mistakes easily occur; I just had to clean up a few instances where
the "hspec << 1.4" that was dropped was not reflected in debian/control.

A great tool to avoid that is http://hdiff.luite.com/cgit/, where you
can get diffs between hackage uploads without downloading them.

The tool diff-upgrade.sh in our tools directory, if run in the debian/
directory of a package, generates an URL that diffs between the package
and the latest version:
~/debian/pkg-haskell/repos/haskell-authenticate $ diff-upgrade.sh
http://hdiff.luite.com/cgit/authenticate/diff/?id=1.3.2.4&id2=1.3.2.1

I generally use
$ mass-upgrade.sh . &&  mass-release.sh -D experimental .
$ firefox "$(diff-upgrade.sh )"
$ vim control # Adjust according to the diff shown in the browser
$ darcs amend control
$ mass-build.sh haskell ../build/ ...
and upload when upgrading a package. Leightweight and reliable.