Re: Upload impact test cabal file

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:52:41PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> My remaining worry is how to keep the file up to date. If everyone pays
> attention to it when upgrading libraries or adding package and does it
> manually, no problem. But I fear that this will not happen, so we should
> have a tool that compares the file with the archive and our repos and
> tells us about discrepancies. Any suggestions (or working code) here?

Could this file not be created programmatically from either Packages or Sources
files?  If so then there'd be no need to manually update it, one could create
the file for "now" then manually tweak it for what you're about to upload and
then use it to test.  Certainly I'd not like it if every hackage related upload
resulted in a cabal-install update.  It'd really annoy the users for a start.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69