Re: Welcome Masayuki Hatta

Hi,

personally, I don’t use cabal-debian but just use the template from our
tools repo:
http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/tools/template-debian/

Hence some differences that are minor, e.g. the common blurb in the
descriptions. Although I’m not too fond of either variants by now, maybe
we ought to come up with something better.

I haven’t seen dependencies on the core libraries in the form

               , libghc-base-dev (<< 5) | ghc
               , libghc-base-prof (<< 5) | ghc-prof
               , libghc-containers-dev | ghc
               , libghc-containers-prof | ghc-prof

Obviously, the version dependency is moot here (as libghc-base-dev is
virtual) and the whole thing just for documentation. I’m indecisive if
its worth it – it won’t break if the information gets out of date, so we
cannot rely on the information. I’m inclined to prefer the current style
of not mentioning core libraries.

If you plan to upload to experimental, you need to bump the
haskell-devscripts build dependency to >= 0.8.13.

DEB_CABAL_PACKAGE = rosezipper in debian/rules should not be needed and
hence, in the interest of simplicity, be removed. Also the commented
examples. This makes it easier to check the debian/rules for „nothing
special going on“.

Otherwise, everything looks fine, including repo setup. Good job!