Re: Could you sponsor upload the test-framework packages?

Hi Kiwamu,

I’m a bit busy right now, so I don’t know if I find the time to look at
the package before the weekend, but at least let me answer your mails.
Maybe someone else can do the sponsoring.

Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2011, 14:41 +0900 schrieb Kiwamu Okabe:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> I had tagged my packages by me on dputting to mentors.debian.net.
> Sorry, I didn't understand Haskell CollabMaint Process.
>
> Now I think it's below. Is it correct?

> (step 1) maintainer: Create ThePackage with cabal-debian command.

Or by just copying the debian-template/ directory and modifying the
files. That is how I do it, so I cannot vouch for cabal-debian. But if
that tool works equally well, then surely that is fine (and if not, then
feel free to fix it :-)).

> (step 2) maintainer: darcs init; darcs record; darcs put darcs.debian.org...
>                      But DON'T tag ThePackage's darcs repos.

✓

Make sure that debian/changelog at this point still says UNRELEASED, as
the package is not yet to be uploaded

> (step 3) maintainer: ssh alioth.debian.org /darcs/pkg-haskell/tools/add-hooks.sh
✓
> (step 4) maintainer: Add below to ThePackage/debian/control file.
>   Maintainer: Debian Haskell Group
> <pkg-haskell-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>   Vcs-Darcs: http://darcs.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/ThePackage
>   Vcs-Browser: http://darcs.debian.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=pkg-haskell/ThePackage
> (step 5) darcs record -a; darcs push

I’d have included this in step 2 already (and you would not have missed
it if you used the template directory in step 1), but this works as
well.

> (step 6) maintainer: Ask sponsor for dput.

Before that, change the distribution field in debian/changelog to
"unstable" and push that change. Then the package is marked as “ready to
upload” on http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi. But a
mail asking for sponsoring still helps.

> (step 7) sponsor: darcs get darcs.debian.org:/darcs/pkg-haskell/tools
> (step 8) sponsor: tools/pkg-haskell-checkout ThePackage
> (step 9) sponsor: cd ThePackage; debuild -i -I; debrelease
> (step a) sponsor: debuild clean; cd ThePackage/debian; darcs tag; darcs push -a

-i -I should not be necessary with source/format 3.0, I use
$ debuild -tc
which includes the clean step. Also, tagging can be done with "debcommit
-r", so my command sequence is
$ debuild -tc # followed by a glance over the result, e.g. with "debc"
$ debcommit -r && debrelease && darcs push --repo=debian

> (step b) maintainer: Close ITP bug.

Should not be necessary if the maintainer puts the correct "Closes:
#12345" message in the changelog.

> > As for the packaging itself:
> >      * Specifying version bounds on -prof packages is not required, as
> >        they are always tight to the -dev package. This makes
> >        debian/control slightly more concise.
>
> I think the test-framework* packages need -prof packages.
> Because Haskell program need ghc profile, on unit testing.

Yes, you still need to depend on the -prof package, but it is enough to
have the version bound on the -dev package.

> >      * Usually, we put the DHG as the maintainer and ourself as the
> >        Uploader. Any specific reason to not do that with
> >        test-framework?
>
> OK.
> I will change debian/control Maintainer name to
> pkg-haskell-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.
> But is my e-mail address in debian/control Uploaders?
> If it's deleted in Uploaders line, I can't dput ftp.upload.debian.org.

You put yourself in Uploaders.