Re: -prof for hslogger

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 02.07.2010, 18:27 +0200 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
> I just noticed that hslogger has no -prof package.

John’s packages, which predate the Haskell Group by long, tend to not
have -prof packages. The package is now group maintained, so we can fix
this – any takers?. Note that these packages are in the git
repositories.

> Thus, I can't build
> libghc6-happstack-util-prof, which depends on it. Is this intentional?
> Should I just drop -prof from happstack-util (and reverse dependencies)
> or is there somewhat to be fixed somewhere?

Either make hslogger build -prof or, if that is for some reason not
possible, you have to disable the -prof package in all depending source
packages.

> Moreover, after having disabled -prof, the build finishes without fatal
> problems, but I see in the buildlog:
>
> [...]
> dh_haskell_depends -plibghc6-happstack-util-doc
> 235: syntax error
> 14: syntax error
> 10: syntax error
> dpkg: /usr/share/doc/libghc6-hslogger-doc/html/System-Log.html non trovato.
> dh_installdocs -plibghc6-happstack-util-doc
> dh_installexamples -plibghc6-happstack-util-doc
> dh_installman -plibghc6-happstack-util-doc
> [...]
>
> ("non trovato" means "not found")
>
> I don't get these "syntax error" with other packages. Could they depend
> on the fact that -prof is missing?

No, this is due to the fact that hslogger installs the documentation in
a non-standard location. Marco, I thought you worked on that migration.
What prevented you also fixing hslogger?