Re: Bluetile package

Hi!

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:32:30PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> on http://bluetile.org/ you link directly to the .deb files on
> ftp.debian.org. I’d rather suggest you link only to
> http://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/bluetile
> (and maybe http://packages.debian.org/source/sqeeze/bluetile once it
> enters that). This way, you don’t run the risk of linking to old
> packages.

You are right, it's probably safer to link to the package page. I
changed it.

> I just uploaded 0.4.1-2, including .desktop and .wm files to register
> Bluetile as a window manager.

Cool! I was wondering, though: Bluetile is pretty much intended to be
used with a desktop environment. The way it is set up now, selecting the
new option in GDM starts Bluetile standalone.
Maybe it could be changed to start GNOME + Bluetile? I'm just not sure
how to handle dependencies then. I don't know if Bluetile should depend
on all of GNOME - but maybe it can be just one of those lower
'recommendations' or what they are called?

> PS: I guess bug #585674 is not really a bug, right?

Indeed, it's more like a wishlist item.

Cheers!
Jan