Re: transformers vs. mtl

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 05.03.2010, 18:58 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> > Is it possible to make the transformers package hidden by default?
> > If so, packages built using cabal will still find it and user code
> > can still use transformers by doing -package transformers.
>
> This is a good idea.
>
> I think this can be achieved by including:
>
> install/libghc6-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-dev:: debian/tmp-inst-ghc6
> 	sed -i 's/^exposed: True/exposed: False/' \
> 		debian/$(notdir \
> 			$@)/var/lib/ghc-$(GHC6_VERSION)/package.conf.d/*
>
> in the end of the debian/rules file.

I’d like to see such code, if there is a chance that it will be used by
several packages, included in haskell-devscripts.

I.e., introduce a flag "HASKELL_HIDE_PACKAGES" which can be set in the
packages’ debian/rules, but the actual implementation happens in
hlibrary.mk.

This allows us to adjust for example the package.conf.d path, and any
other unforseen things, centrally.