Re: haskell-filepath and hlibrary.mk

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 21.11.2009, 08:36 -0200 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Em Qua, 2009-11-18 às 14:54 +0100, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> > Or how about introducing a DEB_HADDOCK_PACKAGE variable that defaults to
> > libghc6-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-doc and can be overriden in debian/rules?
>
> I think this is a good option.  Or maybe it's time to create a standard
> name for packages, which I propose to be libghc6-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-DOC.
> At first we would make hlibrary.mk build only in this format, and ask
> maintainers to do their next upload using this standards.  We could also
> warn the ftp team about this change, so that they could maybe treat
> these packages faster in new.  What do you think?

I’m still reluctant about changing the package names, but if I’m the
only one, I won’t oppose a change.

I’m also unsure about what name is better. Eventually, we might indeed
get more haskell compilers in Debian, in which case the
haskell-blubb-doc name makes more sense. But the similarity to
libghc6-blubb-dev is useful as well. Can we have more opinions here?