Inconsistent use of dh_haskell_*

Hi Arjan and others,

I’m trying to better understand haskell-devscripts, and improve some
thing. For example, I noticed that ./setup is built without
-no-user-package-conf and might mis-behave if the user has an
incompatible Cabal version installed.

So I added that flag to haskell-devscripts, and tried to test it with
haskell-uulib. But haskell-uulib’s debian/rules builds ./setup itself.
Uncommenting this line seems to work fine.

Arjan, is there a good reason for this duplication, or just old cruft?
And what package does use haskell-devscipts closest to the way it should
be used?

Thanks,
Joachim

PS: I’ve CC’ed you, since I’m not sure whether you are subscribed to
d-haskell. Are you?