dpkg problem

I don't know if anyone actually has time to reply to this list anymore, but here goes...

   I'm running OZ on my zaurus 5600, which has an arm10(Xscale, aka armv5tel) architecture. I've put pocket workstation on an sd card, and I love the creative approach to the palmtop GUI, but dpkg seems to be broken. This kind of defeats the purpose of the Debian install! All the packages download with apt-get, but then dpkg exits "unexpectedly." Could this have to do with armv5tel not being included in the archtable file? Or does it have to do with the sd driver? I'm a little out of my depth here. I read the earlier posts about the sd drivers, but I wasn't sure if that applied to my problem. Thanks in advance for any help, or even explanation...

                         -Nathan Fulton