digital modes using debian

Hi there -

I am new to digital modes and is wondering where I can get more info/resources on how to set up my debian box to do, in terminal mode only, do things like packet, RTTY, PSK31 [this one might be more challenging?] and JT65, etc. For example, which package(s) do I need and how do I configure them?

I will most likely be using something like a SignalLink USB TNC [I do have an ancient KAM, would need help setting up + cabling to radio, so need push that out until later] and a Kenwood for HF and a Yaesu for VHF/UHF.

Thanks in advance for all your help

--David