Re: CX authors contacted

Here is the reply I received from Stephan, DK8LV:

Hello Bob,

sorry for being so late on the reply, but personal situation and
health status is not at its best state currently and I am just out
of hospital.
Just to tell you, Peter DF5JT called me an hour ago by phone and we
had a long discussion about the project.
Your mail has been forwarded to Ben DL6RAI, Peter DL2NBU and Franta
by me some days ago and we are still in discussion about the future
of CX.

In general we are very interested into continuing the development of CX.
Due to personal circumstances, our Jobs etc., the project was on "ice"
for the last months. That does not mean that we have stopped thinking
about details at all.
To make CX available to the public Contester, a few things have to be
done first.

	- integrating contest rules
	- generating header files

That should give CX a beta status...

Beside them, other things like radio control and all these features we
have discussed and designed, have to be realized. My guess is that you
already have read about it in the documents.

DF5JT told me, that there are good coders around him who like to
participate the CX team. When we first started with CX, our idea was to
keep CX development in a very close range of developers, even though CX
is open source and under GPL. But as you can see that this
restriction does more and more inhibiting us into doing a serious
evaluation, I think it is time to change this rule (I ever had this
opinion).

Let's see what the other guys thinking about it, but I am of good
cheer that this will give CX and at least contesting under Linux
a new and a more serious chance to get awake from its existence.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
Excuse me please for my bad english.

73, Stephan DK8LV

--
Join http://www.dk0wcy.de/magneto/magnet.htm
for online magnetometer data, our Aurora beacon project.

[] dk8lv@dk8lv.net [eMail]
[]