Re: Requesting membership

Hi Jeremy,

Am Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 10:29:52AM -0400 schrieb Jeremy Bícha:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 9:29 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > Can someone give me the right permissions (perhaps by creating an empty
> > repository gnome-kiosk - if I'm not mistaken this needs Maintainer
> > permissions which I do not need in future).
>
> The Debian GNOME team doesn't yet have a written policy for joining
> the team but we need to do that.

Once the Debian Med team used Pkg Perl team policy as template.  May be
it is a good way to simplify things to copy some other teams policy.

> However, it is common practice for us to grant Developer access to
> Debian Developers who ask. Thank you for introducing yourself here!
>
> If you're going to be on the Debian GNOME team, I encourage you to
> subscribe to the low-traffic debian-gtk-gnome list.

Well, I was not really introducing myself.  If it was understood in this
way I should probably stress that I will not honestly become a member of
Gnome team.  I have *way* to much packages on my desk and I also prefer
XFCE for my own use over Gnome.  While not using what I'm packaging is
some kind of dedication of mine, but I do not want to stress this to
much.  I really hope Mohammed will join your team.  I met him at
DebConf, he is nice and interested on this package.  I promised him
technical help as long as it is needed for this package.  After this I
will stop my contributions, sorry.

> Also, our preferred packaging layout is described at
> https://wiki.debian.org/Gnome/Git

I admit I was using master, upstream and pristine-tar branch as I was
used to from other teams.  Mohammed, if you want to become a team
member, would you mind becoming comfortable with the usual layout and
rename the branches accordingly?

BTW, I noticed that I have no permissions to switch on Salsa CI which
I'm very used to.  For instance it would have helped to show lintian
issues easily by pointing at the relevant CI test.  What is the policy
in Gnome team to use Salsa CI?

> The gnome-kiosk repo was created a while ago because I had someone who
> also expressed interest in packaging gnome-kiosk but they never
> finished their packaging and haven't worked on it in a while. You are
> welcome to work on it instead.

Just pushed the status we reached in the workshop.

> Thank you,

Thanks to you for enabling me pushing.

Kind regards
    Andreas.