Re: Packaging rules for an arch-independent GEdit plugin

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:09 AM, Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org> wrote:
> Every other GEdit plug-in packaged in Debian, even the pure Python ones,
> appears to be installed to an architecture-specific location, not
> ‘/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/’. Why the difference? Is this incorrect?
>
> An example of this is the GEdit plugin from the ‘rabbitvcs’ source
> package. Apparently it relies on ‘dh_install’, to simply install the
> plugin files directly to ‘/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/’.

There are several gedit plugins installed to /usr/lib/gedit/plugins/.

apt-file search tells me about gedit-developer-plugins,
gedit-latex-plugin, gedit-source-code-browser-plugin, and
supercollider-gedit in addition to rabbitvcs-gedit.

Debian's gedit is supposed to support both the multi-arch and
non-multiarch paths (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gedit/plugins and
/usr/lib/gedit/plugins ).

If you want someone to take a closer look, please point to your packaging.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha