Re: Fwd: Ugly themes appearance

On 23/07/2011 16:28, Cesare Leonardi wrote:
For some time (weeks?) the appearance of some application has degraded.
The effect is a sort of revert to a basic theme, with no effects,
gradients, no rounded corners, tabs with confused borders, strange
scrollbars, ecc. See attachment (hoping it will not get filtered by the
list).

With the help of the people who replied me privately (in particular Sergiu) i was able to understand the problem.

The only simple thing that solved the ugly appareance was switching the theme from Clearlooks to the Adwaita. It's the only theme that looks good: all the others have the defects i've mentioned.
The switch from Metacity to Mutter (cool!) has no effect in this respect.

Since, as mentioned in the theme, Adwaita currently doesn't look as intended (for me is annoying that it doesn't make evident what is the active window), i prefered customize it using the Clearlooks windows border: to me this enable the future using the good old look.

The reason why in the test laptop i use at work that happened automatically was that in these days i've switched from LXDE to Gnome, so i had took the new default.

I wonder if this theme switch will be forced by gnome-themes package or will be something left to the user.

Ciao.

Cesare.