Re: Evo 2.6 will need a slight transition

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:28:33PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> I hope nobody implements such broken designs anymore.

I've found a couple with a _very_ quick scan (and I do not have too much
development packages installed):

/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-client.h:
struct _GnomeClient
{
  [...]
  GHashTable         *environment;
  [...]
}

If there ever will be a libglib3.0 that changes GHashTable layout, BOOM.
Symbol versioning does not help here.

/usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h:

extern void *PQgetssl(PGconn *conn);

If the OpenSSL version the application is linked with has a different
SSL structure layout than the one PostgreSQL is linked with, BOOM.

That's just after 3-4 grep commands.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences