Re: debian experimental == ubuntu hoary?

<quote who="Anand Kumria">

> In fact the fact gtk+2.6 is in unstable means that some of my packages
> have already broken.  So, I don't even think that the Gnome maintainer
> agrees with you in principle.

GTK+ is entirely separate from GNOME, and API/ABI compatible. It is not a
major issue.

> However this idea that we should only upload when upstream says doesn't
> fly.

> Our task is to decide when it is good enough for a wide audience (via
> unstable) irrespective of the version number / label that they might put
> on a release.

This is precisely what the Debian GNOME Team have decided (despite differing
from your point of view) after much wrangling experience.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   For a list of reasons why technology has failed to improve our lives,
                              please press 3.