gnome-common 2.6 into unstable?

Hi,

  I just want to know whether the gnome-common series 2.6 can be
included into unstable even now. I would vote for this with the
following reasons:

  * gnome-common is a developers tool, nothing would break for end
    users here

  * gnome-common added support for automake 1.8 in the release 2.6
    (and YES there are reasons why people need to use automake 1.8)

  * gnome-common still plays nicely with old packages (I recall the 2.0
    version having been in unstable quite fast too)

Regards,
  Sven