libgtop2 debian package (i am not the official maintainer).

Hello,

libgtop2 is currently broken in debian unstable, and Noèl Köthe is too
busy to fix it right now. I maintain packages that depend on libgtop2
and also use others that depend on libgtop2. All these packages have
become unusable since libgtop2 broke.

I am then trying to prepare a non-maintainer-upload of libgtop2, and
have noticed the following problems :

  1) The soname of libgtop2 did change in 2.0.2 from 2.0.1 (from
  libgtop-2.0.so.0 to libgtop-2.0.so.1). But no mention of this is made
  in the ChangeLog. So, the question is this soname change warranted,
  because the binary incompatibility did change, or spurious and should
  be reverted.

  2) I noticed that the libgtop2 libraries are built, not against the
  libraries currentyl building, but against the installed ones, which is
  severly broken, as libgtop-2.0.so.1.0.1 is linked to the older
  libgtop_common-2.0.so.0 and libgtop_sysdeps-2.0.so.0, which naturally
  don't work once the package is installed.

This second point, i have had a quick look but i was not able to quickly
fix the build system so this doesn't happen, maybe you could provide me
some insight or hint on how to fix this (or even a patch or new
release ?).

Hope you don't mind my comments and questions, and again, i am not the
debian maintainer of this package, and Noel may well know these things
already.

Friendly,

Sven Luther