Re: Gnome Applet: Fast Switching User

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 07:47, Luis M wrote:
> Just a quick thought, I was wondering if there is already (done or in
> development) an applet for switching users fast (a la other OSes which
> we all know). I know that gdmflexiserver does this on Debian and it's
> already part of the System Tools menu, however, I think it would be nice
> to have it as a menu in Actions->Switch User

I sent a patch for adding that action, and it was decided that the
Actions menu was not its place. It's better done in the screensaver, so
that when you lock your workstation, another user can come to the PC and
open a new session, or switch to an existing one.

It is not that common to have a single user switching between different
users sessions. It is for me, but not a very general thing :-)

cheers