Re: Keybindings in GTK/GNOME2

Vince wrote:
> however, I've looked at documentation for the GtkTextView widget and its
> signals, at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTextView.html.

Thank you, this helps somewhat, even though the signal functions
aren't documented.

> If you look in the other "delete-from-cursor" examples in the Emacs
> theme you'll notice they all have only 2 arguments inside the
> parentheses.  So drop the last arg, then try -1/0/1 for the second and
> see which one (if any) does what you want.

The first argument seems to be the scope, the second argument the
direction in which the operation is executed.

I managed to emulate C-u thus:

  bind "<ctrl>u" { "move-cursor" (paragraph-ends, -1, 0)
                   "delete-from-cursor" (paragraph-ends, 1) }

Maybe not the best solution, but it does the job.

For the record, C-h is:

  bind "<ctrl>h" { "delete-from-cursor" (chars, -1) }

> Every complex problem is a simple hierarchy of simple problems.

How true, even in this case ;)

	Ivo

--
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.