Re: unofficial gdm2 package available

Am 04 Jul 2002 01:28:41 +0100 sprach
 Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>

>Heya,

Hi

>Just to let you know that I've uploaded an unofficial gdm2 package to my
>repo. Ryan said he would package gdm 2.4 when woody is released. So if
>you want official debs, you'll have to wait. Oh, and ppc binaries only
>as usual.

Downloaded the source from your side, and made a package for myself
on i386. Compiling everthing went fine. lintian -i package went fine
Starting gdm went fine, can configure and so on.

BUT the misterious thing is that I can NOT login in, can't configure over the
system button. Not as root or any other users ???
If I type in the username and hit Enter --> "Legitimation failed" (Not know exactly
english.

Does anybody of you know the problem, no problems with startx.
Problems with pam or so. Can't find something in the auth.log

any hints ??? THX for help

greetz Erik

--
/ Linux, because rebooting is for adding hardware /
working-on:	Debian GNU/Linux (sid)