Re: RFS: go-sendxmpp backport for bookworm

On 18 November 2023 4:07:43 pm IST, Martin Dosch <martin@mdosch.de> wrote:
>Dear Nilesh,
>
>On 17.11.2023 14:24, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 07:18:36PM +0100, Martin Dosch wrote:
>>> I have prepared bookworm backports for go-sendxmpp [1] and two
>>> build-dependencies which need to updated for building the new go-sendxmpp
>>> version: golang-github-mattn-go-xmpp [2] and golang-github-beevik-etree [3].
>>
>> Done.
>
>thank you very much. But I just saw that go-sendxmpp was rejected because of missing dependencies golang-github-mattn-go-xmpp and golang-github-beevik-etree.
>Maybe you uploaded go-sendxmpp prior to the packages it's depending on? Would you give reuploading go-sendxmpp a try? Thank you very much. :)

No, this is because go-sendxmpp has a built using field which causes issues like these and it was searching for exact version of those deps.

I can hack around it to somehow get it uploaded but then as per past experience this will again get rejected if the packages are not accepted in the exact order and dak script is not given sufficient time to track the dependency versions.

In any case this will require at least 2-3 uploads to get properly backported. That's an effort I'm not willing to spend my time on.

Hence, I'll upload it to backports once the dependencies are accepted and it could go smoothly. Feel free to ping me once they do.