Upgrading etcd to 3.5.5 for Boorkworm: state of my work

Hi there!

tl;dr: A bunch of packages are waiting in NEW and in Experimental for upgrading to Etcd 3.5.5, let's do a smooth transition.

Longer version:

As some of you already know (because I chatted about it on IRC), I worked on upgrading Etcd to 3.5.5. The main reason I worked on this, is because I would like to also upload mgmt-config [1], and that it was painful with the current Etcd version.

I thought I should explain what I did, and tell the team what direction all of this is taking.

I staged all on my laptop, and yesterday (plus this morning), uploaded everything. In order to avoid destroying anything, I uploaded all what changed to Experimental. The result is a moderately large amount of NEW packages and updated packages. Here's the sum-up (hopefully, I didn't forget anything):

New package I uploaded to Unstable:
===================================
golang-github-aws-smithy-go (still in NEW)
golang-github-cockroachdb-datadriven
golang-github-etcd-io-gofail
golang-github-felixge-httpsnoop (still in NEW)
golang-github-go-logr-stdr

New packages I uplaoded to Experimental (because of dependencies in Experimental):
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-grpc-gateway.v2 (still in NEW)
golang-opentelemetry-contrib (still in NEW)
golang-opentelemetry-proto

Packages I upgraded in experimental:
====================================
golang-github-form3tech-oss-jwt-go (rename from golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go, still in NEW)
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-middleware
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-grpc-gateway
golang-github-soheilhy-cmux
golang-opentelemetry-otel

Packages currently in Experimental uploaded by someone else that will need to move to unstable:
golang-goprotobuf-dev
golang-google-grpc-dev

It took me a long time to get all correct, but there still could be some problems, I very much welcome everyone to check on my work. Also, as I use schroot/sbuild to get dependencies, it's possible I forgot some of the depends currently in experimental (we'll see when uploading to unstable).

Finally, I have uploaded etcd 3.5.5 to Experimental this morning. I however well know it's currently broken, as upstream now produces more stuff in /usr/bin, and that the .service needs to be adapted to start etcd correctly. I every much welcome current maintainers to have a look at the "experimental" branch (*not* debian/experimental which I didn't touch), and help me fix all (please chat on IRC on the #debian-golang chan about it...).

As I see, there's docker.io that depends on it, which we don't want to break at all costs. I haven't tested rebuilding it with the new etcd, but that's my next step. For this reason, last uploaders of docker.io are in CC in this message.

Please do not hesitate to peer-review what I'm doing, as I still consider myself a newbie in go packaging. Also let me know about the status of the transistion to unstable for golang-goprotobuf-dev and golang-google-grpc-dev.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1] github.com/purpleidea/mgmt