ETA for glibc 2.3.4?

Hey gang.

I'm running Sarge with glibc 2.3.2.ds1-20 from unstable as well as kernel 2.6.10.

We're running a java application server thats highly multithreaded an d we're noticing that the VM is locking hard after about 30 minutes when I increase the thread count. This is still a lot of threads (600 or so) but there's no reason the entire process should lock. It also won't respond to a kill -9...

After talking to some folks from the Internet Archive they mentioned that they noticed similar behavior with 2.3.2 and upgraded to the latest Fedora Core which has glibc 2.3.4 and their issues vanished.

Its *really* important for us to have this bug fixed

This leaves me to a few questions.

1. Is there an ETA for a release of glibc 2.3.4?

2. Are there any testing/beta/alpha packages for glibc 2.3.4?

3. How do I build one from source? I couldn't see any instructions for building an NPTL enabled glibc anywhere. If I can just get decent instructions for building my own glibc package with all the correct options and patches I'll just do this and report back my success.

Thanks.  Your help is REALLY appreciated!

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod! Kevin A. Burton, Location - San Francisco, CA