Re: TLS-version of libc6/{testing,unstable} breaks libunwind

Fcc: %Mail/mbx/Backup
--text follows this line--
At Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:04:05 -0700,
David Mosberger wrote:

>   GOTO> We got security bug report; it may be chance to switch -19.
>
> Cool.  I suddenly like security bugs... ;-)

Yeah, it's another side effects :)

>   GOTO> I put no -fomit-frame-pointer .deb based on -18 at:
>   GOTO> 	http://www.gotom.jp/~gotom/debian/glibc/2.3.2.ds1-18_i386.fofp/
>
> OK, I tried this on an x86 laptop and it does indeed fix the libunwind
> failures that were due to -fomit-frame-pointer/lack-of-unwind-info.

Thanks for your checking and your detailed comment as usual, I've put
the patch :)

At Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:56:26 -0400,
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Go ahead, I guess.
>
> We should really talk about just turning on unwind tables instead by
> default, and see what the size impact is.  Later.

Thanks ack.  And ok - we'll need to consider about unwind tables.

Regards,
-- gotom