Re: bad {MIN}SIGSTKSZ on debian glibc-2.2.5-14.3

At Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:27:41 +0800,
Bdale Garbee wrote:

> I don't know anything about this header file offhand...  Could someone
> investigate and give us an answer, please?
>
> Bdale, at Linux Conf Australia this week
>

>   From: David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com>
>   Subject: [ia64 R&D] bad {MIN}SIGSTKSZ on debian glibc-2.2.5-14.3
>
>   It appears that Debian/stable ships with a stale header file:
>   /usr/include/bits/sigstack.h, contains:
>
> 	#define MINSIGSTKSZ	2048
> 	#define SIGSTKSZ	8192
>
>   These values are far too small and should be replaced with:
>
> 	#define MINSIGSTKSZ	131027
> 	#define SIGSTKSZ	262144
>
>   I think this headerfile has been corrected for "unstable" already, but
>   since this is effectively an ABI-change, it would be good to fix it in
>   "stable" too.
>
>   Can do?

It's already in glibc-2.3.1-10.

        /* Minimum stack size for a signal handler.  */
        #define MINSIGSTKSZ     131027

        /* System default stack size.  */
        #define SIGSTKSZ        262144

However, I don't know why such big size is needed...

Regards,
-- gotom