Re: gcc-2.95 bugs on m68k: what to do ?

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 09:43:05PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Yann Dirson writes:
> > I have several packages (e2fsprogs, bigloo) that fail to build on
> > m68k, apparently due to one or more gcc bug(s).  Maybe that's the same
> > as #146006, and #89023, but I can't tell that myself.
> >
> > Madkiss suggested forcing the use of gcc-3.2.  But if this compiler is
> > officially broken on m68k, I'd rather not change those packages and
> > have the autobuilders use gcc-3.2 at least for m68k...
> >
> > What about changing build-essential list to make gcc-3.2 the default
> > on m68k ?
>
> AFAIK, the needed libgcc1-compat library is not yet built for m68k
> (CCing the glibc people)

Anything new here ?  This is blocking e2fsprogs from promotion into testing !

Somehow, someone managed to build 1.29+1.30-WIP-0930-1 some time ago,
and that's not recorded in the buildd logs.  If someone could take
care of -2 it would be nice.

TIA,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique