Re: glibc-2.3.1 release

Jeff Bailey wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:44:15AM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
Done. The attached patch is against cvs checkout from this morning. I left out the arch specific patches to glibc itself. They're still pretty large.

Baring any typos, this should be committed now.

I'm a little curious why:

ifneq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM),linux)
        echo "slibdir = /lib"             >> $(objdir)/configparms
        echo "rootsbindir = /sbin"        >> $(objdir)/configparms
        echo "sysconfdir = /etc"          >> $(objdir)/configparms
endif

isn't done by the Linux archs.  At first glance they seem like the
right options for there too.

It looked like it was added for the hurd, which kind of suggests that configure does the right thing for linux by default.

I suspect the ifneq could simply be removed.

	---Nathan