Re: work for glibc 2.2.5-14

    After re-reading all the messages in the thread...

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-08/subjects.html#00357

I am more convinced that Jakub and Richard are right and no
fixup to the version symboling is required. In particular, if
you look at message...

Franz's objection there is no longer true with HJ's new binutils
fix. This brings me to the following.
    It will be ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that we upgrade binutils to
2.13.90.0.3 PLUS the patches submitted into the binutils-cvs today
by HJ...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2002-08/msg00077.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2002-08/msg00076.html

If won't do this on ppc before glibc 2.2.4-14 is built and installed
we will suffer the problem Franz complained about. That is
with the libgcc-compat code for ppc pulled in from glibc-2-2-branch
we end up with the error...

/lib/libgcc_s.so.1(*IND*+0x0): multiple definition of `__divdi3@GLIBC_2.0'
/lib/libc.so.6(.text+0x574): first defined here

when linking after this new glibc is installed. This is a binutils
bug fixed in the patches cited above. You don't need that
binutils patch to build glibc with the libgcc-compat patch but
you WILL need it to build anything against that glibc after it
is installed. So we should get binutils squared away ASAP so
building on voltaire isn't broken once glibc 2.2.5-14 gets installed.
                              Jack