librttopo lacks the PROJ dependency

Hi,

while implementing https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9552 and comparing to other implementations, I found that Spatialite ST_Area(geom, use_ellipsoid) version doesn't return the same results as my new GDAL implementation or PostGIS one, both based on PROJ's extract of GeographicLib.

Digging further, I see that librttopo has 2 code paths for the geodesic area computation in rtspheroid.c, one that uses PROJ's extract of GeographicLib, and another legacy one.  This is similar to PostGIS, since that file is mostly a copy&paste of PostGIS' https://github.com/postgis/postgis/blob/master/liblwgeom/lwspheroid.c#L32

And looking at https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/librttopo/-/blob/master/debian/control?ref_type=heads , I don't see the PROJ dependency in the build recipee, which is the likely cause of the (quite significant) gap in results.

Hum, actually digging further, the root issue is that librttopo's configure.ac has no provision to build against PROJ. OK, so this is an upstream issue actually. Just filed at https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/rttopo/librttopo/issues/44

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com