Re: [RFS] MintPy packaging

Dear sebastiaan,

Il 27/06/22 16:43, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
On 6/26/22 21:45, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 5/15/22 09:31, Antonio Valentino wrote:
The package for mintpy still needs some work, but, for a proper testing, I would like to have all dependencies are in the archive.

The dependencies are now in the archive and on the mirrors enabling package builds without custom repos for those.

With the recent update of lintian, the overrides need to be updated and new issues need to be reviewed.

I haven't had time for an extensive review yet, but I did notice the long list of dependencies for the binary package which shouldn't be required as ${python3:Depends} and dh_python3 should take care of those using setup.py install_requires. Am I missing something that explains the hardcoded list of dependencies?

The link overload in the extended description is also not great.

GFDL license is considered non-free when it contains invariant sections, does this apply to MintPy?

 https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#GNU_Free_Documentation_License_.28GFDL.29

debian/control

  You may want to consider a separate -doc package.

debian/rules

  python{version} should be replaced with {interpreter}.

https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/dh-python/pybuild.1.en.html#variables_that_can_be_used_in_ARGUMENTS_and_COMMAND

thanks a lot for the review.
In this moment I'm traveling, but I will implement all the changes ASAP.

cheers
--
Antonio Valentino