Re: UbuntuGIS GRASS 8 packaging

On 2/4/22 13:43, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 2/4/22 13:24, Martin Landa wrote:
I would like to build grass-8.0.0 package for UbuntuGIS unstable PPA.
The procedure depends on Debian Git Repository [1]. But there is no
`debian/8.0.0-1` tag yet.

You can just merge the experimental branch.

I would like to ask when is planned to introduce grass 8.0.0-1 to
Debian expr [2]?

The new major version suggests that gdal-grass & qgis will need changes to work with GRASS 8, so I'm not in a hurry to get it into Debian.

FYI: QGIS 3.22.4(?) will become the new LTR when 3.24 will be released after the 18th of februari

(If I'm correct Debian packages LTR versions, I'm not so familiar with UbuntuGIS)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde