Re: Extending gdal, pdal, ... builds with tiledb

On 12/28/21 15:39, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
4) TileDB 1.7.7 in Debian -- There is a packaging attempt of a more minimal
TileDB configuration in unstable, with a number of build issues on other
platforms. We have since changed quite a few things in TileDB (i.e. no more
TBB) and had a number of releases. It may make sense to revive this, but when
I tried to contact Adam who did this I never heard back.  Is anybody in
contact with him?

While the tiledb package is in this sorry state I won't consider enabling the support in other packages like gdal & pdal.

If you want to get your changes into the packages in Debian, you should consider salvaging the tiledb package.

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging

Your comments regarding builds suggests that tiledb isn't very stable yet, so even if the package get actively maintained, building on top of it may not be wise.