gfortran transition (Was: debian-release@list.debian.org)

On 14-08-15 14:54, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I've kicked off the gfortran transition. Based on the bug list
> in #790757, I've rebuild packages and done NMUs to DELAYED/3-day
>
> The current status:
>
> * libgetdata: NMU uploaded to DELAYED/3-day * grib-api : uploaded.
> * hdf5: NMU uploaded to DELAYED/3-day * mpich: uploaded * netcdf:
> See the netcdf transition. * openmpi : uploaded * petsc: NMU
> uploaded to DELAYED/3-day * qd: NMU uploaded to DELAYED/3-day *
> slepc: Depends on petsc. #788123. * libxc: NMU uploaded to
> DELAYED/3-day * oasis3 : Depends on netcdf * adios: depends on
> netcdf * etsf-io: depends on netcdf * elmerfem : RC BUGS. Not in
> testing (netcdf, gfortran introduce no new bugs) * plplot: RC Bugs.
> Not in testing. * cmor: * Ships .mod file, not used by any package
> currently. * Wait until netcdf transition starts, then rebuild.
>

> On the related libterralib, libdap transitions: libdap: * libdap
> uploaded. * grads: upload tomorrow. * gdal: Depend on metcdf
>
> libterralib: * libterralib: uploaded * magics++, metview will be
> uploaded after netcdf transition starts.
>
> AIUI, the netcdf transition should be ready. Bas, Nico, can you
> confirm?

The netcdf packages in experimental are pretty much ready, but there
are some outstanding issues [1] and unanswered questions from the
previous discussion [2]. It seems with several RMs on vacation noone
is available to answer them from the Release Team side. I prefer to
wait until the Release Team is available before continuing with these
transitions.

[1]
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=netcdf-split-c-f-cxx;users=debian-gis@lists.debian.org
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2015/08/msg00252.html