Re: netCDF Strategy

On 04/18/2015 11:35 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> We should now have updated all netCDF related packages maintained
> in the Debian GIS team, we're mostly waiting for the various
> netCDF packages to pass NEW now.

All netCDF related packages have now passed the NEW queue, but there
are some build failures we need to fix before we can consider these
packages for unstable.

netcdf:

 configure failure on hurd-i386, probably easy to fix by moving the
 doxygen stuff to the build-indep target.

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=netcdf&arch=hurd-i386&ver=1%3A4.3.3.1%2Bds-1~exp2&stamp=1434470062

netcdf-cxx:

 Fails to build on most architectures due to test failures.
 Needs be investigated.

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=netcdf-cxx&suite=experimental

netcdf-cxx-legacy:

 Also fails to build on most architectures due to test failures.
 Needs to be investigated too.

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=netcdf-cxx-legacy&suite=experimental

netcdf-fortan:

 Seems to build fine, but not architectures have built this package
 already.

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=netcdf-fortran&suite=experimental

netcdf4-python:

 Test failures on mips, powerpc & s390x. Environment issue on hurd-i386.

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=netcdf4-python&suite=sid

I'll look into these build failures soon, but help with this is also
much appreciated.