Re: generating debian/control while building source package

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> The CDBS example in the ftp-master REJECT-FAQ is quite similar, but a
> more hidden change than the control file generation done by the rules
> file itself.

I was actually talking about: debian/control breakage #2 - ¨Your
package builds binary packages not listed in debian/control

This is actually the case in the postgis package - the clean target
generating the control file is run at the beginning of the build
(binary or source).

I think this is different from the grass situation. For grass - I
think it may be helpful to add a comment in the header of the control
file saying that one should edit the control.in file rather than the
control file itself.
Perhaps building a source package should just fail if the result of
control.in generation and control don't match? I'd prefer seeing it
when building the source package then when building the actual package
(or not noticing it at all, as happened to me with saga).

Kind Regards,
Johan