Re: [Ubuntu] Packaging Orfeo Toolbox for Debian

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Rashad,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 01:46:05PM +0200, Rashad M wrote:
> >     /usr/bin/otbgui_*
> >     /usr/bin/otbcli_*
> >
> > files rather to
> >
> >     /usr/lib/otbgui
> >     /usr/lib/otbcli
> >
> > and leave only the main executable (otbgui and otbcli) in /usr/bin and
> > setting the PATH accordingly.  At least from an uninformed point where I
> > am this somehow sensible.
> >

> I dont understand this. otbcli_* and otbgui_* are scripts and loads the
> application. So moving it to /usr/lib may not be good enough.
>
> BTW. what you mean leaving only main executable?.

As I tried to express: I have no (I mean *really* no) idea about otb
just from packaging and in some cases (as I know now better not for otb)
a whole set of binaries is not  intended to be called by the users.
Meanwhile I learned from a user that this is not the case here and so
my suggestion was stupid.  Feel free to simply forget it.  Sorry for
creating confusion by making stupid suggestions.

Dont be sorry here. I jumped in because it always goes to /usr/bin/otbcli* and I thought to save trouble in making this change.
Anyway if you have some problems as you said with lintian, feel free to discuss here or otb-developers group. I can help with what I know.

I would be more interested in answers to the other parts of my mail and
the plan to move the package from UbuntuGIS to main Debian (to later
become a part of UbuntuGIS automatically via migration to Ubuntu.  We
discussed this strategy on the UbuntuGIS mailing list before and I hope
we could continue with this plan.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--